We meet many managers who have discovered that life as a leader is more difficult than they ever imagined. Moving from middle management to a senior management position is often the most challenging part of an individual’s personal development.
The reasons are many:
- Many have come from a technical background and now find that leading people is a big challenge
- They find it difficult to move from an operational to a strategic role
- Asking their colleagues for help can be difficult
- Finding time and space to think issues through, to consider their approach to leading the organisation
- They don’t ‘fit’ with the style of the organisation. This can often manifest into negative interpersonal relationships and lack of effectiveness.
Practical Approach to Leadership Development
We work with leaders across many different work situations. Our practical approach to leadership development is well appreciated. We believe what makes us unique is that we don’t only act as a coach, but a good deal of our time is also spent working as organisation development consultants helping leaders meet the challenges that organisational life presents. This allows us to provide access to the many useful tools that we utilise on our strategic assignments, which can help leaders to be more effective when working with their own teams.
Developing Leadership Skills Workshop
A practical workshop that encourages participants to examine their management, leadership style. The workshop is especially useful for those who have moved from a middle management position to a senior leadership role and for those coming from a technical role also into a senior leadership position.